Maintaining Your Visa Status
1. Report to the DSO at the ITT Technical Institute
2. Registering For Class
A foreign student must register as a full-time student in his or her program of study (at least 12 credit hours) for the following academic quarter before the registration deadline.
3. Obtaining Authorizations
A foreign student must obtain written authorization in advance from the DSO before doing any of the following:
- Deferring the student's program start date.
- Dropping below 12 credit hours in any academic quarter.
- Resuming 12 credit hours or more in any academic quarter.
- Extending the student's enrollment.
- Terminating the student's enrollment.
- Changing the student's program.
- Transferring to a different school.
4. Keeping Information Current
A foreign student must inform the DSO or Registrar within 10 days of the occurrance of any of the following events:
- A change in the student's name or citizenship.
- A change in the student's U.S. address.
- A change in the student's foreign address.
- A change in the student's financial information.
- Adding a dependent.
- A change in a dependent's information.
- Terminating an individual's dependent status.
- Reactivating a dependent.
5. Additional Obligations
- A foreign student must keep a valid passport with him or her at all times.
- A foreign student must notify the DSO immediately if his or her Form I-20 or passport is lost or stolen.
- A foreign student must file a federal income tax form for every year that he or she is present in the U.S.