Proof of English Language Proficiency
Since all courses are taught in English at the ITT Technical Institute and all books used in these courses are written in English, a foreign student must be proficient in English language skills to pursue his or her intended course of study. If the foreign student's native language is not English, the student must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) to determine his or her English language skills.
1. Minimum Score
The minimum TOEFL score required by the ITT Technical Institutes is:
- 500 (with no section score below 45) for a paper-based test; or
- 173 (with no section score below 12) for a computer-based test.
The foreign student's TOEFL score must be submitted directly to ITT Technical Institute from the testing organization. Photocopies and faxed copies of the foreign student's test score, or copies sent from other institutions are not considered official and will not satisfy the English language proficiency requirement.
2. Additional Information
Please consider the following additional information regarding the English language proficiency requirement:
- Click here for more information on TOEFL
- The ITT Technical Institutes do not conditionally admit applicants who have not met the requirement for proof of English proficiency.
- The ITT Technical Institutes do not forward TOEFL scores to other organizations or institutions.